When a vendor fits with your organization so perfectly that they feel more like a partner than a “hired hand,” you know you have a winning relationship.
But it’s also important that your animal welfare public relations agency shares your brand values. This not only ensures they understand your mission, but that they also know how to effectively communicate your beliefs.
Aligned Values Lead to Success
In your role as a humane provider, offering sanctuary and comfort to the animals in your care is your mission. You need a PR agency that values what you do and why you do it.
When you work with a public relations team that understands your “why,” it builds a relationship that goes beyond the traditional vendor and client association.
- Better communication
- A clearer agreement on what success looks like
- A synergy in your daily work with one another
- A shared respect for the work each of you do
If the PR company you hire has no experience working with animal welfare organizations, they may not understand the urgency of their assignment.
But finding a PR partner that works as your advocate is contagious. They will bring in more donations and volunteers because their belief in your organization will shine through.
Qualities of a Good PR Partner
In addition to their commitment to your purpose, the right PR agency should have:
- Knowledge of your cause. If the agency you are considering has worked with other humane agencies, you won’t have to train them to understand what you do.
- Clients who get press. The PR partner you choose should have a variety of clients who consistently receive positive press and interview requests.
- Happy clients. Pay attention to what their clients say and also what they do. If their clients consistently recommend their work, you can be confident their staff are effective animal welfare advocates.
- The ability to tailor a PR program to you. One size never fits all. Your PR agency should provide ideas that help your organization get the attention it needs through unique efforts.
That’s why so many animal welfare organizations look to Orange Orchard for their public relations needs. Our agenda is no secret. Our PR professionals want to live in a world where animals are respected and cherished. And, they also know how to build your organization through publicity.